Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Shittiest Shit Ever Shat, vol. 3

This is the third installment of Shittiest Shit, and to wait any longer without featuring a hair band would be criminal. Today, we're picking on 1987 again. Billboard's #56 hit of the year, just under Kenny G.'s Songbird, but 42 places ahead of the Beastie Boys' (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party), is Europe's uber-ballad, Carrie. Featuring super high-tech electric piano/synth, big vocals, a guitar solo (would you believe it), sappy lyrics, and enough hairspray to keep the hair of a colony of wookies in place in the rain, Carrie was a big hair rock ballad in the bleak heydey of that genre.


Europe and 20 Cans of Aqua Net

I think I got so good at switching the station when this song came on, I was able hit the button within the first half-note.

Europe - Carrie (mp3)

9 comments:

Uncle Tom said...

This a great song!! Thank you Canowine for giving me a great concept for my upcoming wedding vows. I have been trying to come up with ideas on what to say and I think that I will go with a ballad.... I promise that when she cries it will be tears of joy.

The Keoki said...

also instead of "here comes the bride" you should have "The final countdown " played and throw cards at people while you walk down the aisle.

SugarDuck said...

Kenny G made it to #55???

The Keoki said...

and he made it even higher than that with "Auld Lang Syne". Shudder to think.

Canowine said...

ech, that is a great idea. We should also sing along karaoke-style at the reception.

the keoki, thanks a lot man. Thanks for the earworm. Dammit.

sugarduck, they were dark times, indeed.

RC666 said...

Sugarduck didn't say no to the final countdown, I think she is down.

SugarDuck said...

I am so down for The Final Countdown. If Ech can learn that strange walk/hopping it will be the greatest moment of my life.

The Keoki said...

mine too!

Anonymous said...

Do you know Rom Gold? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy Runes of Magic Gold and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these Runes of Magic money with his friends.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many buy Rom Goldand play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found cheap Runes of Magic Goldwas so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.