Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Shittiest Shit Ever Shat, vol. 3

This is the third installment of Shittiest Shit, and to wait any longer without featuring a hair band would be criminal. Today, we're picking on 1987 again. Billboard's #56 hit of the year, just under Kenny G.'s Songbird, but 42 places ahead of the Beastie Boys' (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party), is Europe's uber-ballad, Carrie. Featuring super high-tech electric piano/synth, big vocals, a guitar solo (would you believe it), sappy lyrics, and enough hairspray to keep the hair of a colony of wookies in place in the rain, Carrie was a big hair rock ballad in the bleak heydey of that genre.


Europe and 20 Cans of Aqua Net

I think I got so good at switching the station when this song came on, I was able hit the button within the first half-note.

Europe - Carrie (mp3)

5 comments:

Uncle Tom said...

This a great song!! Thank you Canowine for giving me a great concept for my upcoming wedding vows. I have been trying to come up with ideas on what to say and I think that I will go with a ballad.... I promise that when she cries it will be tears of joy.

SugarDuck said...

Kenny G made it to #55???

John said...

ech, that is a great idea. We should also sing along karaoke-style at the reception.

the keoki, thanks a lot man. Thanks for the earworm. Dammit.

sugarduck, they were dark times, indeed.

RC666 said...

Sugarduck didn't say no to the final countdown, I think she is down.

SugarDuck said...

I am so down for The Final Countdown. If Ech can learn that strange walk/hopping it will be the greatest moment of my life.