Thursday, May 12, 2005

I've Got Something He Can Never Have


Joseph Heller in 1961

Joe Heller

True story, Word of Honor:
Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer
now dead,
and I were at a party given by a billionaire
on Shelter Island.
I said, "Joe, how does it make you feel
to know that our host only yesterday
may have made more money
than your novel 'Catch-22'
has earned in its entire history?"
And Joe said, "I've got something he can never have."
And I said, "What on earth could that be, Joe?"
And Joe said, "The knowledge that I've got enough."
Not bad! Rest in peace!


- Kurt Vonnegut, from the May 16th issue of the New Yorker.

2 comments:

John said...

word.

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some priston tale Gold,and my friend also

has some priston tale Money,do you kouw they have the same

meaning,I just want to buy priston tale Gold,because there are many cheap priston tale Gold