Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Shittiest Shit Ever Shat, Deux - Love You Down (mp3)

1987 was a critical year for music. R.E.M. released Document, and broke through the airwaves with "The One I Love," U2 released The Joshua Tree, and achieved instant stardom with "With or Without You." The Cure's Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me hit the record stores, and "Just Like Heaven" became an MTV favorite of millions of moping teens. The most important release of the year may have been the Pixies' Come On Pilgrim. The good music of 1987 laid the groundwork for the alt-90s and continues to influence important artists.


The Pixies' Come On Pilgrim

Sadly, the only singles from any of those albums to make the top 100 of the year were "With or Without You" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." Other than U2, the airwaves were dominated by absolute shit put out by poster-worthy pop stars that kids could do the 80-s step to.

Some of the immortal music that did make the top 100 included:

18 I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW, Tiffany
26 ONLY IN MY DREAMS, Debbie Gibson
28 THE NEXT TIME I FALL, Peter Cetera with Amy Grant
34 YOU KEEP ME HANGIN' ON, Kim Wilde
54 DON'T MEAN NOTHING, Richard Marx
56 CARRIE, Europe


...and a bunch of other crap, including that touching love ballad by Ready For The World, Love You Down (mp3), with which they proved, after their dance anthem, Oh Shiela (mp3), that they're so much more than a one-hit wonder. They're a two-hit wonder.

3 comments:

Arethusa said...

Oh, memories! I do believe the first post I commented on here was one about Tiffany (or Debbie?) who was going to pose in Playboy.

I think we're alone now
There doesn't seem to be anyone aroooooound.

John said...

The beating of our hearts is the only soooound! Tiffany, blech!

You debuted on the Debbie!! I shall never forget.

She's definitely deserving of a post in this category. Or maybe a Debbie and Tiffany bonanza!

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some maple mesos,and my friend also has some
mesos,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
maplestory mesos,I just want to
buy flyff penya ,because there are many
cheap mesos