Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sentence 6,7,8

Arethusa passed on this exercise today:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.


This is from the book sitting closest to me:

He would not experience this sort of deep artistic despair again until he was nearly eighty years old.

Music for a puppet to sing!

On July 17, 1776, another terrible holocaust ravaged the town destroying the town hall, the monastery, the brewery and the church.

I haven't a clue what it means because I haven't read the book yet. But it's clearly tragic. Not the brewery!

2 comments:

Arethusa said...

Ok you have to tell me which book this excerpt is from.

John said...

It's from Requiem, by Curtis White.