Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sentence 6,7,8

Arethusa passed on this exercise today:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

This is from the book sitting closest to me:

He would not experience this sort of deep artistic despair again until he was nearly eighty years old.

Music for a puppet to sing!

On July 17, 1776, another terrible holocaust ravaged the town destroying the town hall, the monastery, the brewery and the church.

I haven't a clue what it means because I haven't read the book yet. But it's clearly tragic. Not the brewery!


Arethusa said...

Ok you have to tell me which book this excerpt is from.

Canowine said...

It's from Requiem, by Curtis White.