Rachel Bilson as Summer Roberts as Wonder Woman
on The O.C. My heroine.
Here's Christina Larson, on why Elektra and Catwoman flopped despite the female starpower and fetishwear, from Seven Mistakes Superheroines Make, in the Washington Monthly, via ALDaily.
Superheroines since the 1970sfrom Wonder Woman to Princess Leia, Charlie's Angels to Lara Croft, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" to "Alias's" Sydney Bristow have all followed a few simple rules to find success on the big and little screen. And every would-be action babe who has flopped has broken at least one of them. So what's the secret?
1. Do fight demons. Don't fight only inner demons.
2. Do play well with others. Don't shun human society.
3. Do exhibit self-control. Don't exhibit mental disorders.
4. Do wear trendy clothes. Don't wear fetish clothes.
5. Do embrace girl power. Don't cling to man hatred.
6. Do help hapless men. Don't try to kill your boyfriend.
7. Do toss off witty remarks. Don't look perpetually sullen.
In the real world, we men prefer that our heroines follow the don'ts. So Wonder Women wannabes, copy and paste. Just make sure you delete #4 first. And take it easy with the lasso.