Tuesday, February 15, 2005

PJ Harvey - The Falling (mp3)

I was going to put this up yesterday, but as it's PJ Harvey, it's just a little too harsh for that. The Fallen is not as musically abrasive as the songs on Uh Huh Her, but it's far bleaker than the optimistic Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea. It falls somewhere in between, which was probably why it was left off Uh Huh Her, and used as a B-side for the The Letter CD single. You'll also find it on this B-Sides CD. It would sound more at home on To Bring You My Love; its strummed acoustic guitar is reminiscent of the tragic Send His Love to Me and C'mon Billy.

Unfortunately for me, I can't help but think "that'll never be me...that'll never be me..." and "joe lies...joe lies...joe lies...when he cries" when I listen to this.

PJ Harvey - The Falling (mp3)

No comments: