Monday, February 07, 2005

HIV and Black Women

He was, Precious Jackson said, a very fine black man. He was 6 feet 2 inches tall with an almond-milk complexion, dreamy dark eyes and a deep voice. During their nearly two years together in Los Angeles, he was the sunshine of her life, even though he had a habit of landing in jail and refused to use a condom when they made love.

"I didn't ask him any questions," Jackson said in a recent interview. "I didn't ask him about his sexual history. I asked him if he had been tested, and he said one test came back positive but another one came back negative. I was excited to have this man in my life, because I felt I needed this man to validate who I was."...


From U.S. HIV Cases Soaring Among Black Women, in today's Washington Post.

4 comments:

-epm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-epm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-epm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-epm said...

I deleted my previous comment(s) because upon re-reading them I felt they could too easily be seen as insensitive, and that wasn't my intent.