Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Shittiest Shit Shat, VOL 6: The Ballad of Frisco and Felicia


The Darlings of Port Charles, circa 1985.

So I used to like General Hospital back in the days when Jack Wagner was on it, so what! Didn't we all at one time or another?

Back in 1985, Frisco Jones used to gaze into Aztec princess Felicia's Cummings' emerald eyes as they tried to solve the mystery of the lost Aztec treasure that once belonged to Felicia's family in Mexico. Read all about it here.

But don't read it without downloading and listening to this week's SSS, Jack Wagner's All I Need (mp3).

Jack Wagner has fansites, one of which is here. You can download two more mp3s, if you really want to, here.

Sign his guestbook, where fans say things like:

Meredith (USA)- It's ashame Jack didn't win the Emmy. He deserved it greatly. Jack will always be #1 in my heart. I love coming to this site dedicated to my favorite actor to get my daily Jack Wagner fix.

jenny gavrilovic (Melbourne Australia) - HOPING JACK GETS HIS EMMY AWARD, TOO BAD US AUSSIES DONT GET IT HERE. WOULD LOVE TO FIND A WAY OF OBTAINING A COPY OF THE EMMY'S IF ANYONE CAN HELP LET ME KNOW PLEASE. I LOVE MY JACK WAGNER. ALSO VOTED NICK AND BRIDGET MANY TIMES FOR BEST NEW SUPER COUPLE. GO! GO! GO! GO! JACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Arethusa said...

So I used to like General Hospital back in the days when Jack Wagner was on it, so what! Didn't we all at one time or another?

I didn't. Isn't he the dude from Bon Jovi? Related maybe?

I'm not listening to that mp3.

John said...

Oh, but I bet you will. Your curiosity will get the better of you.

And no, he's not Jon Bon Jovi. But I wouldn't doubt that, in some strange way, they're related.

SugarDuck said...

I liked that song. It's no Jessie's Girl but it's not the worst soap opera actor pop song I've ever heard.

John said...

Yeah, I liked it back then, too. But that was back when I was lame, and only because I had a crush on Felicia.

I know you're not talking about "Hey Laura" by Chris Cross, because that song rocked. :-)

And the best soap singer of all time is Rick Springfield.

SugarDuck said...

Christopher Cross was on a soap opera? There was a song "Hey Laura"?

I didn't know what you were talking about, I had to Google it.

Based on my search:
Chris Cross wasn't on a soap opera, but the song was.
The song is "Think of Laura".
The song sucks.

I've learned something new today.

John said...

sugarduck -

Oh, yeah. "Think of Laura." The lyrics go: Hey Laura/Where are you now/Are you far away from here?/I don't think so/I think you're near.

That's why I thought it was "Hey Laura." I didn't even have to look up the lyrics. I'm not proud of that.

I think it's AWESOME that you researched and listened to the song, and I hope it keeps you company this weekend. :-)

SugarDuck said...

I think it's AWESOME that you researched and listened to the song, and I hope it keeps you company this weekend.

No, I forgot the song immediately. It's not very memorable. I can't believe you knew the song so well you had the lyrics memorized. Did I miss something? Was this song really popular at the time? Last week was the first time I ever heard it.

John said...

sd -

If you were as involved with Luke and Laura as I was, you'd remember it.

"Think of Laura" was the #83 hit of 1984!! It beat out the Police's "Wrapped Around Your Finger," John Cougar Mellencamp's "Pink Houses," the stellar "Round and Round" by RATT, and Peter Schilling's "Major Tom (Coming Home)," which, believe it or not, only made it to #96.