Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday Live - All Antony

Today's edition of Friday Live features Antony & the Johnsons, because their in-studio performance on last Friday's WNYC Spinning On Air session was the most soulful music I heard all month, and maybe all year.

Antony & the Johnsons mp3s from WNYC Spinning in-studio performance (8/5/05):

For Today I Am A Boy
I Fell In Love With A Dead Boy
The Lake


From their May 2005 performance on XFM:

Hope There's Someone
You Are My Sister

And a non-live "somewhat available" track ripped from the WNYC Spinning session:
Mysteries of Love

Listen to the entire interview and performance here. Antony talks about Edgar Allan Poe, the disturbing children's letters in the I Am a Bird Now liner notes, and details about the songs he performed.

4 comments:

Arethusa said...

Listening to the interview right now :) This is a treat, thanks!

darth said...

antony is great stuff-thanks for the links!

John said...

Let me know what you think of that interview - I listened to it twice. It's fascinating. I never knew Antony wrote "Fistful of Love" and "Cripple and the Starfish" 10 years ago, right after college.

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some requiem gold,and my friend also has some
requiem lant,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
requiem money,I just want to
requiem online gold,because there are many
cheap requiem lant