Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Washington Post Whitewashes Washingtonienne

Sunday's Washington Post Magazine had an article about the Hill staffer/slut/blogger Washingtonienne. Sure, that whole thing was only like three months ago. But we guess that's how long it took to turn her into a victim. It's not easy work; for example, when she writes
I am done with W, for real this time. A man who tries to fuck you in the ass when you are sober does not love you. He should at least take you out for a few drinks to spare you the pain. Now I know that W does not care about me, only my asshole.

The whole situation depressed me so much, I turned down a free dinner and asked him to take me home. He peeled off a few hundred from that roll of cash he carries around, and put the hundreds in my hand as I was getting out of the car. I acted indignant, like I don't need his help, but I kept it: why punish myself? I should get something for putting up with his tired old ass.

you must turn that into

But her Friday night date with the Georgetown lawyer turned out to be dreadful, Jessica reported in her blog. He wanted a kind of sex that physically hurt Jessica.
Poor baby! and
MK found my half-empty bottle of K-Y last night. He will probably never speak to me again.
becomes
Jessica informed her readers that her former steady boyfriend had visited her apartment the night before and discovered evidence that she was still cheating on him.
That's some evidence! Those are just our two favorites. To find your own, compare the two. (Warning: the Post story also has a bunch of psychosociobabble about JC being a symbol of the times or something).
Washingtonienne Archive
Blog Interrupted: When Jessica Cutler put her dirty secrets on the Web, she lost her job, signed a book deal, posed for Playboy -- and raised a ton of questions about where America is headed

No comments: