Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Beth Orton - Conceived

I heard Beth Orton's new single, "Conceived," twice today - on WRNR (Annapolis) this morning, and on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic online stream this evening. Something about Beth Orton's music grabs me. Maybe it's her unique voice, with that mysterious accent. Maybe it's the straightforward melodies, always pure and clean. Whatever it is, it cuts through the pop clutter and sounds new without coming off as trying to be avant-garde. I may or may not have been Soulseeking her forthcoming album, "Comfort of Strangers," due February 7th. I haven't found it yet. Too bad, because I have a feeling the winter would be a lot warmer with it.

Download "Conceived" at Some Velvet Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some requiem gold,and my friend also has some
requiem lant,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
requiem money,I just want to
requiem online gold,because there are many
cheap requiem lant