Thursday, December 16, 2004

mp3 - Luna



It's that time of year that every blogger, magazine, organization, and association releases their "best of" or "worst of" lists for the year. Best 10 CDs, best 10 TV shows, best 10 movies, worst 10 dressed. Not this cat. My brain doesn't rank. I enjoy looking at others' lists, though, and nodding in approval or shaking my head in disbelief. I'm glad that a lot of the "best of" lists for music include Luna's "farewell album," Rendezvous. It's an album that flirts with you with warm, inviting harmonies and subtle gestures here and there. Like the best Yo La Tengo or early Velvet Underground material, nothing is overdone. The more time you spend with it, the more it slowly reveals itself to you, and your attraction grows.

Here's Cindy Tastes of Barbecue, a sweet, intimate tune that reminds me a little of Sweet Jane.

Luna - Cindy Tastes of Barbecue - mp3

No comments: