Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Way I'm Sleepin', My Back End Sure Gets Tired



Lucinda Williams is performing on KCRW tomorrow. I'll be standing by for that one.

Meanwhile, check out a young Lucinda singing the blues classic, Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor (mp3), which is all kinds of excellent, but still, I think I'm going to go listen to some Mississippi John Hurt right after this post. It's just easier to imagine John Hurt actually using a pallet on the floor.

From the same Smithsonian compilation, here's the brilliantly warped and ebullient The Woman Is Killing Me (mp3), which Sonny Terry and Friends should have titled (Hooray, Hooray!) The Woman Is Killing Me.

Spend wisely. Own the 22 great blues songs from Classic Blues from Smithsonian Folkways, Vol. 2for 7 - 12 bucks.

No comments: