Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Kid Soul



Two disruptive things have happened since my last post: I've had surgery, and my iPod died. Both have given me cause to think more than usual, but Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind, which is one of the best books I've read, ever, has saved me from doing too much of that.

And I always have my laptop and portable CD player for the music.

Here are a couple of songs from Numero's latest offering, Home Schooled: The ABCs of Kid Soul. It's a compilation of rare kid soul & funk from the early 70's. What I hear in these young voices is the belief that they're going to be the next Jackson 5, but on their own terms, the faith that their television faces will be coming into the living rooms of Americans everywhere, their songs played on radio stations worldwide. In other words, the knowledge that real soon, everything is going to be better. Wonder where they are now.

Promise - I'm Not Ready For Love (mp3)
Eight Minutes - Here's Some Dances (mp3)

No comments: