Friday, March 06, 2009

Smart's Palace, with a dedication to Bachelor dumpee Melissa Rycroft

Here are two songs from Numero's next rare soul offering, Smart's Palace, which documents and preserves the 1963-1975 Wichita, Kansas soul scene, with a generous 19 selections from the Solo, Kanwic, Vantage, and Lee-Mac labels. CD available April 21st, mp3s available now ($10) at Numerogroup.com.

Smart Brothers - I've Got A Funny Feeling (mp3) ....this one's for Melissa, who was quoted by Us Magazine's omg:

Even though Mesnick initially denied he was dating Malaney, Rycroft says she had a feeling.

"Being a girl, you get that feeling," she says. "Anybody that's been cheated on, you know. And being a woman, I got that feeling, because he just backed away from me, and I knew he had contacted her."


BASTARD.

Melissa is later quoted:

"I said, 'I hope you know why I got that mad.' We weren't talking at that point, so it was my way off saying, 'This is my closure ... Don't reply back.'"

Asked if she could ever be friends with Mesnick or Malaney, Rycroft says, "No."


Kenneth Carr - Don't Hate Let's Communicate (mp3)

No comments: