Thursday, August 24, 2006

Good God!, It's Good! Can I Get An Amen?



I've been spending my time with four new CDs since yesterday: the Christina Aguilera double disc, Outkast's Idlewild, M. Ward's Post-War, and the Good God! A Gospel Funk Hymnal compilation.

Since being harassed and/or sued is uncool, and a Christina mp3 post would scream "Shut Me Down," I'm not touching that. I did the live Letterman Outkast thing the other day, so that's out, too. The M. Ward is brilliant, but has already been posted to absolute death by the mp3 bloggers. That's right - absolute death, which is deader than plain death. I digress.

So, with the other three eliminated, I'm left with the Good God! comp. I've been misleading you, though. This compilation is my favorite of the four. Christina and Outkast may make me move, but Good God! moves me and makes me move, and feel wholesome while doing it. It's a win-win-win situation, and I'm only one person. Anyway. Whoever spelunked the archives for these beats should be awarded a new Grammy - Best Archive Searcher or something like that, because these are genuine rhythmic funk gems that shine brighter than gold grills on a clear summer day.

Mighty Walker Brothers - God Been Good to Me (mp3)
Brother John Witherspoon - That's Enough (mp3)
LaVice & Company - Thoughs Were the Days (mp3)

Preview clips from the entire CD here.

No comments: