Thursday, December 15, 2005

High School Reunion - Uncovered



A few days ago, I mentioned how much I love the High School Reunion compilation. The two covers I posted are fantastic, and there's so much more worth listening to: The Dresden Dolls' 80's-baroque cover of Pretty in Pink, Frank Black's dark Repo Man, and solid covers of Somebody's Baby, A Million Miles Away, Weird Science, The Specials' Little Bitch, I Melt With You...you get the point.

Earlier this year there were compilations with companion discs. There was Verve Remixed 3 and Verve Unmixed 3, there was Motown Remixed and Motown Unmixed, and even last year, we had Daniel Johnston Discovered, and UnCovered...so where's the High School Reunion Uncovered?

Here.


isn't she?

Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby (Fast Times)
Plimsouls - A Million Miles Away (Valley Girl)
Tom Petty - American Girl (Fast Times)
The Vapors - Turning Japanese (Sixteen Candles)
Oingo Boingo - Weird Science (Weird Science)
Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me) (The Breakfast Club)
Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes (Say Anything)
Thompson Twins - If You Were Here (Sixteen Candles)
The Specials - Little Bitch (Sixteen Candles)
The Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way (Valley Girl)
Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses (Pretty in Pink)
The Cars - Moving In Stereo (Fast Times)
The Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink
Pixies - Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf) (Pump Up The Volume)
The Smiths - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (Pretty In Pink)
Modern English - I Melt With You (Valley Girl)
Wayne Newton - Danke Schoen (Ferris Beuller's Day Off)
Iggy Pop - Repo Man
Orchestral Manoeuvers In The Dark - If You Leave (Pretty In Pink)*
The Replacements - Within Your Reach (Say Anything)

* If You Leave is not on the High School Reunion compilation. I don't have I Go Crazy by PC Munoz, so I substituted in the OMD.

NOTE - These are coming down tomorrow.

No comments: