Thursday, April 27, 2006

Babe We're Gonna Take it to the Top

It's a little creepy: just last week I was telling the Keoki about my first audio cassette purchases, in the year of our lord 1980, with my own money. The first batch of tapes I ever bought were The Brothers Johnson's Light Up The Night and Stevie Wonder's Hotter Than July. I wore both of them out.

Light Up The Night was 80 cents, in a bargain bin. It was produced by Quincy Jones, it featured Michael Jackson on one track, Stomp was all over the radio, and even made it as background music for an aerobics scene on General Hospital. The funk was majestic. Of course I had to buy it. I think I picked up a copy of Omni magazine the same day.

Anyway, I saw that their Strawberry Letter 23: Live became available on iTunes yesterday, and thought that was creepy.



From Strawberry Letter 23: Live:

Stomp! (mp3)
Word Up (Cameo Cover) (mp3)

From Light Up The Night:
This Had to Be (With Michael Jackson) (mp3)

No comments: