Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Posting From The Playlist


The Drones

I was just sitting here, thinking about what to post tonight, while listening to The Cockeyed Lowlife of the Highlands (mp3), recorded live this year at the Hultsfredsfestivalen in Sweden, by The Drones, who can teach you a thing or two about how to make a big nasty rock and roll noise. They're on tour, so check them out when they come to a town near you. They also have a forthcoming 7" vinyl "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue" thingy, which is "limited to just 1000 pieces, 100 of them will be special edition silk screened printed covers, numbered and signed by the sleeve designer." If you're lucky you'll be able to buy one.

So anyway, while I'm thinking about what to post, the next song up on my playlist is the obscure funk gem Words To My Song by Dry Bread, which I decide not to post, because that song led me to listen to 7 minutes and 19 seconds of rousing funk, with oh-so-tight drums you wish you could play. The song I decided to post: Jay Mitchell's Tighter & Tighter (mp3).


Own Cult Cargo: Grand Bahama Goombay..

Also own The Drones' raw Gala Mill.

No comments: