Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Surfs Up Santa!


So I guess the idea of bands who shouldn't make Christmas music (I'm looking in your direction 'N Sync, Backstreet, 98 Degrees, Destiny's Child, the list goes on and on.)has been around for ever. Because even in the '60s there were Christmas albums that had no business being made. This one should be in that category....but it's not, on account of it actually rocking. The Ventures were a surf band in the '60s, when that type of music was abundant, and they put together a Christmas album that should have sucked but then it didn't. Here's my favorite off that album. Enjoy!


Sleigh Ride - The Ventures

2 comments:

John said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

John said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.