Friday, August 12, 2005

Will Ferell and NASCAR.....I like that combo!

I got this from Comingsoon.net and this script has been being thrown around for awhile so it's good to see that it's going to get made.

Sacha Baron Cohen, John C. Reilly, Michael Clarke Duncan and Gary Cole have signed on to star in the untitled Will Ferrell NASCAR comedy for Columbia Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The story follows Ricky Bobby (Ferrell), a world-class race car driver and fan favorite.

Cohen (HBO's Da Ali G Show) will play Jean Girard, a gay, French Formula One driver who comes to the U.S. to conquer NASCAR and defeat Ferrell. Reilly (upcoming A Prairie Home Companion) will play Cal Naughton, Ferrell's boyhood friend who together with Ferrell forms "Thunder & Lightning," the most feared racing duo in NASCAR.


I thought Anchorman was pretty brilliant so I'm down to see Farrell do NASCAR, which I think is a ridiculous activity by the way.

No comments: