Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Neo - Soul At The Root

Here's some more Neo-Soul to piggy-back on Canowine's earlier post. We were talking about this yesterday and agreeing about how great the Neo-Soul movement is. The shame is that Maxwell and D'Angelo both got lost in the mid 90's when it all started. Between them and the Fugees and Erykah Badu, the beaks of America got wet....but then the Spicegirls and the bubblegum pop crap came along and put Neo-Soul on the shelf until Alicia Keys came to the rescue. Anywho, enjoy two of my favorites from the last decade. Wave your hands in the air and....well you know the rest.

Maxwell - Ascension

D'Angelo - Brown Sugar


Anonymous said...

those were two amazing tracks off of great debut albums. i pray d'angelo can get his shit together enough to release some more material.

The Keoki said...

Absolutely right, after his second album (which was fantastic) nothing much is happening with him.

Arethusa said...

I do like listening to the occasional D'angelo and Maxwell. Coincidentally last month a friend and I were wondering wtf happened to them.

Neo Soul Today Staff said...

You sure took me back. I, too, love neo soul and am a collector of it. Keep spreading the positive vibes about the music.

Editor-in-Chief, Neo Soul Today

blogger1272 said...

You have a awesome blog!

I've got a penis enlargement reviews site. It's about penis enlargement reviews related info.

Come see when you can..

Anonymous said...

Do you know rohan crone? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy rohan gold and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these rohan online crone with his friend.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many rohan online gold and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found rohan money was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.