Saturday, April 16, 2005

Prince Mp3s - Part Deux

So Canowine busted out some Prince and got me thinking...Prince was such a bad MF. He probably has a wallet that has Bad Motherfucker on it just like Jules in Pulp Fiction....anywho Prince was a gateway drug for young impressionable white kids. A gateway to funk! I listened to Purple Rain when I was 10, I bought it one day after school and put that record on while my Mom and Dad weren't home. I had no idea about what he was talking about, but I knew it was wrong and possibly naughty! After that I went out seeking more funk and found the wide open arms of George Clinton, early Commodores, Kool and The Gang and anything else that sounded filthy and funky. I'm pretty sure that this happened all over the country right around the same time, I couldn't have been alone. So here's a couple of Prince tracks that I always loved, hope you enjoy.


Prince - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man!


Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover

2 comments:

Pete said...

You know, I've never thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right, Prince was a gateway drug for young impressionable white kids. I was one of 'em. 14 yrs old when I went to see Purple Rain, and it was never the same after that. It opened me up to a new world. I'm sure my mom & dad were wondering what was going on when posters of Prince, Vanity, The Time, and Appollonia quickly replaced my baseball posters. Ahh coming of age as a Prince fanatic. Good times...

Canowine said...

Keoki you are a sexy mf.