Saturday, November 27, 2004

Thanksgiving Musings

This time every year you're told to sit down and count your blessings....figure out what you're thankful for. Good idea...I'm thankful for my wife, my son, my family and hers. John-John and Tom-Tom. The inventor of indoor plumbing and the guy who invented scented candles and toilet bowl cleaners. I'm thankful for Peter Jackson, Wes Anderson, the spectre of a new Star Wars movie, Johnny Depp who can obviously do no wrong lately. Pixar, Pixar, Pixar, Pixar, Pixar....and PIXAR! The Polar Express in a theater with a digital projector. I'm thankful for America, warts and all! As Homer says, "If you don't like it, MOVE TO RUSSIA." or stay here and bitch because you can do that in America without threat of decapitation or some sort of torture. I'm also thankful for Homer and the rest of the Simpsons which as my friend Tom says is, "The greatest TV show ever!" and i'd have to agree. U2, the Shins, the soundtrack to the Incredibles which also makes you thankful for John Barry and all of his classic Bond soundtracks. I'm thankful for the resurrection of ROCK....Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Interpol and although not considered rock i'm thankful for the great side project that is The Postal Service. Opposable thumbs, mock turtlenecks, boxer briefs and Vanilla Mint toothpaste that although not ADA approved is still pretty cool. My wifes turkey which she soaked in a brine for 48 hours and was so friggin awesome, is also something i'm thankful for....hmmmm I think that's it. I'm sure i'm missing something but these are the things I'm thinking of right now. What are you thankful for?

No comments: