Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Old But Not Unnecessary

I'm gonna kick it old school this morning. Yesterday I got my Traveling Wilburys collection in the mail. I purchased this item from E-Bay (cue the angelic music) due to the fact they are out of print which is a damn shame! I know the youngsters reading this are saying, "Who the hell are The Travelling Wilburys!?!?!" Well I'm gonna tell you! They were what is known as a supergroup! Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, and Tom Petty. Five guys, five friends, and best of all five gifted musicians who liked hanging out and spinning straw into gold. These albums are over 15 years old and they sound fresh and fun. Something that Rock music doesn't seem to like to have anymore...fun! Other than The Darkness, I can't think of a band that I would consider fun. If you're reading this and you're saying, "Nuh Uh." Well prove me wrong, who's out there having fun? Tell me. And also for homework today go find yourself some ELO, Tom Petty, and Bob Dylan...and then listen to them all at the same time. Maybe you'll get a little taste of the Wilburys. Also, can you think of a supergroup that you'd like to see in the here and the now? Keoki's out!

No comments: